Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Diy Coastal Hall Tree


I have always loved this interpretation of a hall tree! 
Typically it would be some sort of seating area, which would be lovely, but I wanted to add the table instead!


I bought this perfect sized Bombay Company table on Craigslist. It was a dark brown, but I was going for a coastal look, so I used a soft cream called, Elegant Ivory Cream by Glidden. I sanded the edges lightly to give a worn, coastal look, then finished it off with Johnson's wax! 


Now the original hardware pops off the cream!


I thought it would fun to add a wreath and give the door more character! I added eucalyptus to make it smell good and a burlap ribbon for texture! The door was very weathered with chippy paint which was amazing looking, but I just wanted a more natural look, so I used a scraper and sander to take it all off! It took some time, but was worth it! I waxed the door to seal it! 







Just to give you an idea for different looks, I changed out the pillow underneath!




I love the pop of black and white!





I added a hook on either side to hang scarfs, hats and keys.






These old hinges are amazing! I took them off, gave them a scrub with a wire brush, then replaced them! I absolutely love how it turned out!


Today I added a new addition to my door! While shopping at +Hobby Lobby I found this cute stamp, "hello" I used the same paint as the table and stamped it onto the door!  It just adds a bit more character!


I hope I have inspired you! Have a great week!
Shirley x

Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me